In October 2020, the Board of Directors unanimously agreed to make Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) a priority for FRAME. A Task Force was established to determine the guidelines for how FRAME should support its membership with DEI programs.
After a series of meetings, the Task Force recommended two DEI pilot programs, both designed to have a leveraging effect for all museums and the diverse communities they serve. All DEI pilot project proposals must include a transatlantic partnership between one or more French and North American FRAME museums.
FRAME is most grateful to the DEI Task Force Members for their leadership:
• Brian Ferriso, Director and Chief Curator, Portland Art Museum
• Valérie Cassell Oliver, Sidney and Frances Lewis Curator of Modern and Contemporary Art, Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Richmond
• Moridja Kitenge Banza, Artist and Educational Program Officer for World Cultures and Togetherness, Montréal Museum of Fine Arts, Montréal
• Xavier Rey, Director and Curator, Museums of the City of Marseille
• Hélène Fourneaux, Head of the Education Department, Museums of Strasbourg
• Mathilde Schneider, Director and Curator of the Museum of Antiquity and of the Museum of Natural History, Pôle Beauvoisine, Rouen
The DEI Task Force was led by Susan Talbott and Pierre Provoyeur, FRAME Expert Directors, and by Marguerite d’Aprile Quigley and Emilie Vanhaesebroucke, Executive Directors of FRAME, who are all members of the Board of Directors.
To access the guidelines for DEI Pilot Project Grants, click here.