FRAME North America Director
Anticipated Hire date: June 1st, 2017
Status: Contractor position
Reports to: The Co-Presidents of FRAME in North America and in France
Supervises: FRAME Bookkeeper
To apply please email Jennifer Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 13, 2017.
FRAME is a 501c3 organization made up 30 member art museums, 15 in North America and 15 in France. The organization’s mission is to promote cultural exchange in the context of museum collaborations. FRAME fosters partnerships among its member museums to develop innovative exhibitions, educational and public programs, and professional exchanges among museum staff, and maintains a bi-lingual website to reach global audiences.
The Director will be responsible for day-to-day operations of FRAME North America and joint matters with FRAME France. He/she will build and maintain relationships with member museums and their staff, and will work with the North American Board Liaison to create and maintain programming and other FRAME initiatives that serve our members. The Director will also work with the Board treasurer on financial matters.
The main goals for this position are:
1. To administer and build the capacity of FRAME in North America
2. To work with the North American Board Liaison to strengthen ties between the North American member museums and collaborations with the French museums
3. To build FRAME-related programs in North America with guidance from the North American Board Liaison
• Oversight of the FRAME organization in North America, to include the 501c3 requirements, audit, insurance, and day-to-day financial oversight, and transactions in connection with the Board Treasurer
• Leading fundraising initiatives, including grantwriting, to assist in growing the capacity of the organization.
• Working closely with FRAME France on joint initiatives and information sharing – to include preparing joint financial statements and materials for Board meetings
• Handling annual dues renewals for North American members
• Serving as a liaison to the FRAME Board on behalf of FRAME North America—to include preparing budgets and financial reports when requested, and offering reports on FRAME North America’s activities.
• Writing an annual report on the organization’s activities, in conjunction with FRAME France.
• Planning of the FRAME conference every two years, when it is located at a FRAME North American museum. Working with members to select a host institution and helping the host site with content details (host site is responsible for all logistics and local event details). Working with FRAME France on logistical details involving North American members, when the conference is in France
• Planning gatherings for North American members, i.e. at AAMD, AAMC, and other meetings as appropriate
• Managing communication including creating and distributing regular e-newsletters for FRAME audiences, maintaining and updating social media portals, and regular communications with members
• Administering the FRAME website: posting new content, updating existing content, working with outside vendor on regular maintenance and improvement of the website
• Maintaining and classifying internal archives
Other Qualifications Needed:
• Ability to travel in North America and in France
• Fluency in French desired, basic understanding of French is required
• Ability to work independently in a home office
• Master’s Degree in Art History, museum studies or related field
• Demonstrated experience in a museum setting; association experience will also be considered
• Experience in fundraising and grant writing